Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Best Airline Rewards Credit Card

I have been too lazy in the past to save on airline tickets: no meaningful frequent traveller miles and no reward credit card that accumulates flight miles --- I wasn't much of a frequent traveller anyway.

However, things are a little bit different this summer. By some brief calculation, I need to purchase a total of 60,000 miles worth of airline tickets in just over a month, enough to orbit mother Earth twice and change. It's probably time to look for a good reward card for airline tickets...

After some digging, I determined that Citi PremierPass Elite is definitely among the top (if not the best) in the breed. It gives 1 reward points for each mile travelled through any airline, while 100 points is worth around $1. In my case, it's around $600 in savings, not too bad, I'd say.

Of course, there are some catches to be found in the fun reading of terms and conditions (as any other reward programs) and there is a $75 annual fee (ouch...).