Tuesday, February 27, 2007

RSS Aggregator, FeedBurner

I'm sure that all earthlings know about aggregators, and they are using one as well. But there is always someone from caveman age, like myself, keep refreshing some twenty browser tabs to read all the blogs and news every day. Anyhow, I'm finally getting tired of it and decided to find a good feed reader:

  • IE7 and Outlook 2007 both support RSS feeds directly (check out the RSS icon on the IE toolbar), but I don't quite like the way IE displays the feed content.
  • I'm trying out RSSOwl. The interface is clean and the way it organizes feeds is also very intuitive.
  • Also, check out NewsFire for Mac OSX.
  • You can add a feed into Google Personalized Homepage (check the Add by URL link on the right of search bar).
  • I also came across FeedBurner, a site that provides feed distribution and statistics services. You can check the number of subscribers of your feed through their website. But there doesn't seem to be an easy way to aggregate these numbers with the website statistics. FeedBurner also provides some HTML snippets you can eaily put on your website for different types of aggreagators (check RSS Feed section on my blog page banner, for example).